Today is Friday July 2nd, 2010. I took the day off from the regular job and stayed up past my bedtime last-night. Tracy and I watched some TV, ended up watching Joel Fox's documentary "Gasland" which is about "fracking" for natural gas in the good ol' U.S. of A, what a great deal it is for companies like Halliburton, and what a crappy deal it is for the planet and current inhabitants thereof. Big surprise.
Hearkened me back to the early days of Dubbya's first term - before 9/11 came down like Thor's hammer - when the magnates of America's energy industry were gathered in DC for a nice chat with Dick Cheney. During their visit they helped the administration put together (or dismantle, depending on your personal point of view) our country's energy policy. Oh, the prices we pay for progress. I couldn't keep my eyes open to watch it all the way through so I'll finish it today. Check it out, it may open yours a little.
So, what are you doing this weekend? I'm buying some wood flooring and working around the house. Tracy and I will go to her sister Becky's house on Sunday to catch the Lake Union fireworks-that nearly weren't. Becky has an awesome view of the Seattle Space Needle from her living room window. That will be a treat.
Happy 4th of July. Happy Birthday, America. Thanks for being you.
So, where's that wood flooring going? ;)
ReplyDeletelooks nice, huh? it's pretty close to what we decided to go with.
ReplyDelete